Marlborough Tennis Club was founded in 1911 with six grass courts.
By 1970 only three courts remained and the club did not have enough funds to upgrade them to allow competitive play to continue.
In 1988 the Town Council offered the two courts at Salisbury Road Recreation Ground as a new home for the club, but after consultation with the LTA (the tennis governing body - which would have been assisting with the funding) these were deemed unsuitable and not a large enough site.
In 1996 the club tried to get planning permission to develop its existing site but when this was denied the land was sold.
Currently, Marlborough Tennis Club rents courts from Marlborough College but is constructing its own courts next to Marlborough Golf Club (see the Home page for more details).
The club has six adult teams in the Swindon and District Tennis League, and fields several junior teams. We also provide coaching and social tennis.
CLUB POLICIES AND CODES OF PRACTICE
In line with the LTA's Tennis Clubmark standard, Marlborough Tennis Club has adopted the following policies and codes of practice:
Guidelines for Child Protection
Club Child Protection Statement
Child Protection Policy
Use of Images of Young Children and Young People
Guidelines for Travelling and Staying Away
Trip and Activity Consent Form
Equality and Diversity Policy
Code of Practice for Parents / Carers
Code of Practice for Junior Members
First Aid Equipment and Certificates
Incident / Accident Report Form